Lighten up a classic with zucchini noodles. Cut carbs and calories in half with portion-savvy chicken cutlets and fresh zucchini noodles. Enjoy a lighter pasta for your favorite weeknight meal with zucchini noodles. They add a punch of fiber, and a boost of nutrients to this classic dish in just two additional minutes.
Great news! You will find this dish and other carb-slashing recipes on the Cooking Light Diet. Cooking Light Magazine makes healthy taste great offering the best in seasonal, delicious and nutritious recipes, quick and easy ways to plan everyday menus and helpful tips on how to live a healthier lifestyle. The time for living healthier is now.
SERVES 4; CALORIES 400; FAT 16.6g (sat 5.1g, mono 6.5g, poly 1.6g); PROTEIN 36g; CARB 23g; FIBER 5g; CHOL 91mg; IRON 3mg; SODIUM 529mg; CALC 163mg Hands-on: 25 min. Total: 1 hr. 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced and divided
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup), divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat panko
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add thyme, 4 garlic cloves, and shallot; cook 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, wine, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; cook 8 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Combine yogurt and Parmesan; spread over both sides of cutlets. Combine panko and garlic powder. Dredge cutlets in panko mixture. Place cutlets on a wire rack coated with cooking spray. Place rack on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until done.
- Using a julienne peeler, peel zucchini lengthwise into strips, stopping at the inside part containing the seeds; discard seeds.
- Preheat broiler to high. Top each cutlet with 2 tablespoons sauce; top sauce evenly with mozzarella. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add remaining 2 garlic cloves; cook 1 minute. Add zucchini; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Toss with remaining sauce, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and half of basil.
- Arrange 3/4 cup zucchini noodles on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 chicken portion; sprinkle servings evenly with remaining half of basil.