This Sauteed Broccolini, Zucchini, & Cranberries recipe is one of our favorite sides. It’s guaranteed to be a hit at your next dinner party, even among the most radical veggie-opponents. You’ll adore broccolini’s chewy, tender texture. This form of baby broccoli bursts with vitamins and minerals. It’s also a great source of fiber and antioxidants.
Sautéed onions add bright flavor to complement crispy zucchini. Ruby-red dried cranberries complete the dish, adding a hint of lovely sweetness that’s simply mouthwatering. This recipe serves as a colorful, flavorful complement to a variety of main dishes. It will restore life and excitement to eating your veggies!
Yields: 6 Servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 106 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 16mg | Carbohydrates: 17g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Protein: 1g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
- 3 cups broccolini, cleaned, tough bottoms (lower 1/3 of the stem) discarded
- 1 zucchini, sliced into rounds and then sliced in half (should be half slices)
- 3/4 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccolini to the pot and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes to blanch. Broccolini should be bright green, crisp, and tender.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil, chopped onions, and zucchini. Cook for about 5 to 8 minutes, until onions have softened and are translucent and zucchini have cooked through. Add broccolini, dried cranberries, and garlic. Cook for an additional 30 seconds to a minute. Enjoy!
For more delicious healthy recipes and clean lifestyle tips, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest from SkinnyMs. delivered straight to your inbox!
What healthy recipes would you like to see on SkinnyMs.? Let us know! We love hearing from our readers.