There are few soups that are more comforting than Leek and Potato Soup. A favorite in Ireland, this soup is perfect for a cold, rainy day, and is just what is needed to warm your whole body. It is thick and creamy, with just a mild onion flavor from the leeks. With a slice of good, hearty bread, you’ll feel warmed to the core.
Yield: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 217 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 3 mg | Sodium: 158 mg | Carbohydrates: 40 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 8 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 2 large leeks, chopped (greens should be removed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 5 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp white pepper
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 2 Tbsp snipped chives
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker and make sure potatoes are completely covered (if not, add additional water).
- Cook on low for 6 hours and potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove bay leaf and puree soup with an immersion blender or in the blender until smooth. Top with fresh chives and enjoy!
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.