Love quesadillas but hate the empty calories? Try these sweet potato quesadillas made with black beans, corn, and goat cheese for a healthy alternative. Whole wheat tortillas add fiber, while a hint of lime adds flavor. They make an easy meal that is filling, healthy, and satisfying.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 quesadilla|Calories: 356| Total Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 10 mg | Sodium: 143 mg | Carbohydrates: 47 g | Dietary Fiber: 8 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 10 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 sweet potato, grated
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup cooked black beans
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- Salsa and sour cream, for serving
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the green onions and sweet potatoes. Cook until soft, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the corn, black beans, and lime juice. Remove from pan.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan, followed by a tortilla. Put the sweet potato mixture on the tortilla, add the goat cheese and top with the second tortilla. Press down lightly so that cheese melts slightly.
- Carefully flip the quesadilla and cook until both sides are lightly browned. Serve with the salsa and sour cream.
Like what you see? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter.