I just had to share this awesome back workout which has brought me great results in only four short weeks. This is an advanced workout and designed for anyone who is already working out. This particular workout is designed for the gym.
Equipment Needed: water, towel
What to Do: Perform 4 sets of each exercise. Review the videos below for correct form. To gain strength and get a beautiful back fast, I recommend this routine be performed 2 x’s a week for the next four weeks. Then switch up your workout with different exercises. Make sure you have 3 -4 days between this back routine.
1. Wide Grip Lat Pulldown – 4 sets of 12 (I do 55 pounds for each set) Rest 30 seconds between sets
2. Close Grip Lat Pulldown – 4 sets of 12 (I do 55 pounds for each set) Rest 30 seconds between sets
3. Seated Cable Row – 4 sets of 12 (I do drop sets (no rest between sets), start with 85 lbs, 70 lbs, 55 lbs, 40 lbs…start with less weight if not ready for the advanced level
4. One Arm Dumbbells Row – 4 sets of 12, each arm (I start with 25 lbs, 20 lbs, 15 lbs, 20 lbs, rest 30-45 seconds after a complete set)
5. Hyperextensions – 4 sets of 12 (advanced, hold a 10 lb weight next to chest), rest 30 seconds between sets
Lat Pulldown (wide grip & close grip)
Seat Cable Row
One Arm Dumbbell Rows
Hyperextensions (with or without additional weight)
Participants of this workout should speak with their doctors about their individual needs before starting any exercise program. This Web site is not intended as a substitute for the medical advice and supervision of your personal physician. Any application of the recommendations set forth in the following pages is at the viewer’s discretion and sole risk. See your physician before beginning any exercise program. This is especially important if your family has a history of heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, arthritis, obesity, cigarette smoking, or other health conditions. If you have any doubts whatsoever, consult your physician.
Not sure how to create your own workout program? No problem! I’ve put together two guided programs with video demos for each exercise. The first, Total Body Transformation Program has guided weight training routines over the course of 12 weeks. The second program, 36 Fat Blasters is a fat burning program designed to be a companion to the Total Body Transformation Program, or can be used as a stand along program.